Thank you very much to Motioners for presenting me with the “Blog of the Year 2012” award! A first for this rather eccentric blog of mine. I am truly touched.
Many of you look forward to seeing Motioners smiling faces appearing on your blogs, appreciating your work. I know I always smile right back at them. If there were a Sweetest Bloggers Award, Motioners would win unanimously! Please check out their site if you haven’t already at: http://motionphotographyonline.wordpress.com/
Now that I get a shining star I’m learning all about the honor:
The “Blog of the Year” award is a little different from some other awards, because you accumulate stars. Here is a link to go to for more information about this award: ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/
Here are the ‘rules’ for this award:
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favorite blogs, and even if they have already been given the award by someone else, then you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
For more information check the FAQ on The Thought Palette.
This post is a milestone for me, with it I begin my third month of blogging, yes, a mere infant in the blogging universe. And, I would like to thank the people who reached out to me and have expanded my perceptions and visual joy in this brief time we’ve had together. If I truly honored all who are deserving of praise and appreciation this post would never get finished. So, some of the few I have enjoyed along this path with heart: I am nominating for Blog of the Year 2012 (in no particular order):
1. http://motionphotographyonline.wordpress.com/ The Motioners beautifully photographed family trips and cross-country runners
2. http://wandamichalakdomkuncewiczow.wordpress.com/ Ale Ksiazki/And Yet the Books love of Polish culture
1. http://grishmanphotography.com/ Sharing the street life and people of Celje
4. http://sethsnap.com/ Waking up to Seth Snap’s warmhearted photographs
5. http://leannecolephotography.com/ Leanne Coles’s expert photographic software skills
6. http://hikingphoto.com/ Patrick Latter’s astonishingly beautiful photographs: Canadian Hiking Photography
7. http://cristianmihai.net/ Cristian Mihai’s honest ruminations of a writer
8. http://amberafrica.wordpress.com/ For penetrating portrait photographs
9. http://naturesnippets.com/ Avid nature interpreter
10. http://chriscondello.wordpress.com/ Chris Condello, master gardener
11. http://85degrees.wordpress.com/ For a writer’s sharing of his culture
12. http://mysecretloveforyou.wordpress.com/ For the beauty of the Spanish language
13. http://tuttacronaca.wordpress.com/ Tuttacronaca who provides more news than anyone can comprehend
And, the blog that got me started on WordPress:
14. http://gradyandkate.wordpress.com/ Grady and Kate who shared their travels in SE Asia and South America with fascinating photographs and commentary